Friday, May 25, 2007

Do you even know I exist?


SO

Today Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is coming out!!! HOORAY!!! Acutally, it came out yesterday at 8pm. This is the fact that is killing me. I really wanted to go yesterday, but yesterday I was very sick, and of the 24 hours that were in the day yesterday, I slept for 16.5 of them. Its very important to me to make it to the opening day of a film that I am very excited about. Its all about making sure the numbers are awesome for the films you love. Gawain and I aren't the only people this matters to. I've had a friend who refused to go to the opening weekend of Star Wars episode 3 just to punish George Lucas for what a horrible job he did on episode 2. I know. Its a weird twisted world I live in. Even weirder than making sure I count in the tally of big opening weekends is my desire to dress up in the appropriate attire to match some movies. For instance, I would totally love to dress up as a pirate wench to go to the movies tonight.

Instead, I have a pirate shirt and a pirate ring I got from disney world that I will be wearing instead.
Other movies I have dressed up for would be Coyote Ugly my sis and I dressed up like bottle tossing skank whores saw the movie the opening day of the film.


Charle's Angels, my 4 roommates and I dressed up like crime fighting skank whores.


The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions my guyfriend and I dressed up like Trinity and Morpheous (which was weird for him since he is white and Morpheous is not). We saw both movies at the Midnight showing opening day.

I also wore a Star Wars shirt and did my hair like Princess Leia for the opening of Starwars:Episode 3. Also a midnight viewing of the show the opening day, in fact we went again at the 1030am showing the same day to watch it again.



In the end, does it even matter that I dress up? Does it matter I go the first day instead of the 15th day a film is out? To me it TOTALLY does! I just hope that the movie people recognize!!!



ps: Doesn't Johnny Depp look yummy in that "pirates" movie poster?

No comments: