Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Captain Kirk Will Blow Your Mind

With my wife and I are expecting our first baby (boy) on the 20th of March, one of the duties that I have undertaken (since I mocked all the options that were presented to me) was to pick out the outfit that our little Baby X would wear home from the hospital. I didn't want our fantastically cool and suave baby boy to make his maiden voyage in a yellow outfit with sheep or any other normal baby outfit. (Because let's face it, with us as his gene pool he will most likely NOT be a normal baby.) As great and wonderful as those outfits are for everyday life (and please don't get me wrong, we are so thankful that we have them) they just aren't up to snuff for the all important trip home.

So, I decided to take matters into my own hands. Instead of searching the internet, or overpriced, chic baby boutiques, for an appropriate outfit I decided that I would make a fittingly awesome onesie for our soon to be awesome baby's trip home. The genesis of the character in the onesie came from Heidi. I was talking to her about the idea of making a onesie for the baby and she very sagaciously recommended Captain Kirk to me. After a half-hour or so of searching I found the following picture and the words came to my mind like a revelation from God. (Though the words aren't nearly as profound as an actual revelation from Father.)



Thank you Captain Kirk for all that you are and for being an inspiration to us all.

No comments: